Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Solar Cooking with a Plan

I had my day perfectly planned out. It's boy's night out so I'd be dining alone tonight. I have plenty of leftovers so no need to make anything for dinner. That makes it the perfect day for baking a cake. Made a quick trip to the grocery store after dinner yesterday for a few missing ingredients. All night I was excited about baking for so many reasons. It would be not only my first solar baked cake but I it would also be the first time I used silicone cookware. I chose a recipe from the latest issue of Bon Appetit. I was ready. I couldn't wait till morning.
So of course I woke up to an overcast sky. I really thought I wouldn't be able to solar cook anything today. So much for being prepared. Now what was I going to do? I couldn't put off baking the cake until tomorrow because of my plan. I'm making chicken tomorrow.
By the time I'd finished my morning coffee the sun was making a feeble attempt to pierce through the clouds. Martin insisted that I should go ahead and bake the cake but he doesn't know that you can't just move it once it's in the solar oven.





No comments:

Post a Comment