Thursday, July 23, 2009

Solar Chicken Curry

I guess Thursday is chicken day. This is the third Thursday in a row that I've made chicken in the solar oven. Today I opted for a simple chicken curry. I don't really know much about Indian cooking, and I'm sure any purists out there would be appalled, but I just use Pataks curry paste. I like using chicken thighs because they're moister and make portion control easy. There is really not much to say about this dish. It's just skinless, bone-in chicken thighs, onion, water and Pataks curry paste. When the chicken is ready, add some peas and yogurt to the sauce, and serve over rice.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I found your blog. I started solar cooking a little while ago and I often find myself short on ideas when the sun is getting high. Rice pudding was a definite success, especially according to my son. Plain old potatoes come in handy and I get to decide what to do with them after the fact. I plan to read all your posts tonight :)

    I am in Africa and I am using a very simple cooker. Just a parabolic design with black painted jars for cooking in.

    ReplyDelete