Friday, October 2, 2009

Sun Oven Sauteing


This morning I made a simple soup using onions, garlic, canned cannellini beans, canned broth and savoy cabbage. Normally I would saute the onions and garlic on the indoor stove but for some reason today that seemed like cheating. I let the olive oil heat up while I chopped the onion and garlic. By the time I'd finished chopping the oil was nice and hot. I let the onion and garlic cook about ten minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients. I served it over the disappointing cornmeal bread from yesterday. It made a very satisfying lunch.


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the "cheating" feeling, but I haven't had much luck getting onions and peppers to brown in the solar oven the way they do on the stovetop. I'd love to have a fresnel lens solar oven to add that dimension!

    ReplyDelete