Friday, October 30, 2009

Chocolate Cupcakes


I was so worried about getting something going by ten that I didn't even notice the clouds until I put the Sun Oven out to preheat. It was sunny, but the sky was covered with wispy clouds. I went ahead and set it up anyway; there was enough sun to cast a good shadow and that's really all you need.
I didn't have anything on hand to start dinner so I went to the pantry for a mix. A few weeks ago I bought a whole bunch made by Canterbury Naturals and so far they've all been pretty good. To cut down on the calories I substituted pureed pumpkin for some of the butter and for easy portion control made cupcakes instead of a loaf.
Despite the slightly overcast sky the Sun Oven quickly got up to 275º, a little lower than the 325º called for, but I just let the cupcakes bake a little longer. They came out nice and moist. We each had one for dessert with a little whipped cream. The rest will go into the freezer so we don't eat them all at once.


No comments:

Post a Comment