Friday, October 9, 2009

Solar Cooked Acorn Sqash


I had a very busy day today. Well, a busy afternoon and evening. I had enough time in the morning to roast some acorn squash and get a start on a pot of pasta fagioli. We had some of the solar cooked squash for lunch, but the pasta fagioli will have to wait until tomorrow. I only had an hour between the time I got home from work and the time we had to go out again to attend a volunteer orientation at the Arizona Humane Society. There just wasn't enough time to finish making the soup, so we grabbed a quick bite out. The animals are worth it.
I brushed the sliced acorn squash with a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and red chili pepper and roasted it in the Sun Oven for about forty minutes. I don't like overly sweet squash, but the chili pepper gives it a nice kick.

1 comment: