Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Solar Baked Lemon Cupcakes


Both Martin and I are among the rare people who are not big fans of frosting. I don't mind a light coating, but I'm of the opinion that the actual cake should be good enough to stand on it's own. In fact, I would have left these cupcakes unfrosted, especially since the powdered sugar glaze I came up with is pretty pathetic, but I once overheard a kid say that a cupcake without frosting is a muffin. I've already made muffins this week, hence the icing.
We'll be bringing these with us tomorrow on our business trip to Los Angeles. I like to bring something fun to eat on what may very well be the most boring stretch of highway in the world. I toyed with the idea of bringing my Sun Oven with me, but it's just too impractical. After all, who brings their stove with them when they go out of town? The solar oven chef will be back on Monday.
The mix I used is from Canterbury Naturals.

No comments:

Post a Comment