Monday, October 26, 2009

Meatless Monday Pumpkin Curry


It turns out it was a very good thing I didn't take my Sun Oven with me to L.A. Between the thick fog that rolled in on Thursday and the fact that we were so busy working that we didn't even get a chance to go for a walk on the beach that was half a block away, I wouldn't have been able to use it at all. We left much later than expected on Sunday and didn't make it home until two a.m. I was afraid I wouldn't get any solar cooking done today so I was overjoyed this morning to find a recipe using ingredients that I mostly had on hand.  I substituted butternut squash for the pumpkin, somehow the one in the fridge hadn't rotted yet, and I only had to go to the store for the spinach and apple. This worked out great because they didn't need to be added until the last ten minutes of cooking, giving me plenty of time to get the dish started. Paired with some brown rice it made a complete meal with very little fuss. I found the recipe on allrecipes.com. Here's the link: Pumpkin Curry with Lentils and Apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment