Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sun Oven Tomato Sauce

We spent most of the morning touring the solar testing grounds of our local power company. As we trekked along from one solar panel installation to another, I wracked my brain to come up with something to put in the Sun Oven today. I'd once again forgotten to soak any beans, so a simple tomato sauce would have to do. Being short on time I started it off inside by sauteing chopped onion, carrot, celery, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil. I added strained tomatoes and put the pot with the lid on in the Sun Oven. Leaving the lid on may have been a mistake. The sauce was a little watery but the culprit could have been the strained tomatoes that I bought. I was unable to find my favorite - Pomì - and had to substitute with a different brand. Now I have to think about what to make tomorrow. How about beans?

No comments:

Post a Comment