Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sun Dried Tomatoes Day Two


Even with the Sun Oven being used to finish drying the tomatoes today, we still managed to have a solar cooked meal. For once I was thinking ahead when I cooked a whole pound of beans on Friday. I used some of them for that evening's pasta fagioli, the rest I saved for use during the rest of the week. Today we had this simple but satisfying salad.

White Bean, Onion and Tuna Salad

2 cups cooked white beans
2 cans tuna
1/2 red onion thinly sliced
Oil
Vinegar
Salt
Pepper

Drain tuna, combine first three ingredients in a large bowl. Season to taste with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve with a good crusty bread.

1 comment:

  1. Just learned about your blog - and I am so glad. I use my Sun Oven whenever I can, and am always looking for more ideas. Dehydrating is now on my list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete