Tuesday, September 29, 2009

From Frozen to Sun Roasted in Four Hours


I had a lot of work to do this afternoon so I chose what I thought would be a slow cooked dinner. I took two cornish hens (one fell apart before I could take the picture) straight from the freezer and put them in the pot atop a bed of rice, turnips and rutabaga. I popped everything in the Sun Oven at eight a.m. and went about my morning business. Shortly after noon I noticed that the glass door of the oven was covered in condensation, a telltale sign of doneness. I couldn't believe they could have gone from frozen solid to roasted so quickly, but they did. Since it was lunchtime we went ahead and ate. We'll be going out for dinner.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the info you post on your blog.

    Inspired by your cornish game hens cooking so quickly after being taken from the freezer, I decided to try something similar myself.

    It was beef stew meat and some other ingredients, but it was past midday and I wasn't sure I had enough sun to cook with. the meat was still pretty frozen, but I put the ingredients together and it cooked very well from 1 p.m. to 4p.m. and was completely done. I was really pleased.

    peace, shamba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I was amazed at how fast the cornish hens cooked. Those puppies were rock solid! Most of the things I have made so far were my first attempt. I still find it hard to believe that the results are not just flukes. It's always good to know that it works for others too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your this post while searching for information about blog-related research ... It's a good post .. keep posting and updating information. more hints

    ReplyDelete
  4. The worst part of it was that the software only worked intermittently and the data was not accurate. You obviously canot confront anyone about what you have discovered if the information is not right. Zonnepanelen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Singapore pineapple tart

    ReplyDelete