Friday, September 18, 2009

More Solar Pasta Fagioli


Whenever I make lamb shanks with beans, a pot of pasta fagioli is sure to follow within a few days. It would be a shame to let the broth from the lamb go to waste. Technically it was not completely solar cooked. This morning I used the Sun Oven to cook some beans in one pot and a mixture of olive oil, leeks, carrot, celery, garlic and canned tomatoes in another. In the evening I combined the broth, beans and vegetable mixture in a dutch oven and brought the soup to a lazy boil before adding the pasta.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever cooked bulgar? I didn't see it on your blog. I have a homemade solar oven and it rarely gets up to 250. Although I live in Hawaii we get a lot of cloudy days

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never cooked bulgar although it is something I'd like to try. My first solar cooker was a Cookit and it also rarely got up to 250 even in the heat and sun of Arizona.

    ReplyDelete