Thursday, February 25, 2010

Eggplant Focaccia and BBQ Pork Ribs

The days are getting longer which means more solar cooking possibilities. Today I had enough time to bake focaccia in the morning before getting some BBQ pork ribs going for dinner. You can't tell by the picture, but this time the focaccia did brown. I remembered to mist the Sun Oven with water. I think that helped.

BBQ ribs are easy. Just toss them in a spice rub and sprinkle a little liquid smoke over them. After a few hours in the Sun Oven they will be fall off the bone tender.


I didn't post yesterday but I did get some solar cooking done despite waking up to an overcast sky. Just before I had to leave for the day the clouds started to break. I figured I could throw some rice and lentils in the Sun Oven to get a head start on dinner. It turned out to be a mostly cloudy day, but there was enough sun to do the job. Only problem was by the time I got home I was tired and not in the mood for boring old rice and lentils. I put everything in the fridge and made myself a nice bowl of pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment