Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Another Favorite Chicken Dish from the Sun Oven


This recipe is a favorite of ours. I adapted it from Cooking Light. Ferakh bel Hummus (Chicken with Chickpeas). It's perfect for solar cooking. I don't add any water, use only chicken thighs, and, of course, after sauteing the onions move it all to the Sun Oven to simmer. I also skip shredding the chicken for easier portion control. It's great served over couscous. The unappetizing looking spots are hot sauce. I mistakenly thought they'd enhance the picture.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I love your blog and the idea of it! I have a food storage blog (www.everydayfoodstorage.net) and book out (I Can't Believe It's Food Storage) and would love to have you do some guest posts! If you're interested, please contact me at everydayfoodstorage@gmail.com

    p.s. sorry to post this as a comment but I couldn't find a place to email you.

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your blog. I too live in Gilbert and am cooking nearly everyday that you are too. I am not the cook that you are, but I am starting following of your recipes.

    Thanks and keep up the good work.

    jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great when the sun shines! Waiting for my invitation to dinner . . .

    ReplyDelete