Thursday, June 24, 2010

Turkey and Muffins, For Now and Later

I knew I was forgetting something when I went to bed last night. As soon as I turned off the light it hit me, my blog! Oh well, at least I didn't forget to cook something in my Sun Oven or worse, forget to eat it. It was another batch of BBQ turkey thighs. Some for dinner and some to freeze. This time I brined the meat for about an hour in a solution of two tablespoons kosher salt, one tablespoon sugar, 1/4 cup liquid smoke, and two cups water. It cooked about two hours in the Sun Oven and was fall off the bone tender.


Today it was another batch of blueberry muffins. They went straight from the Sun Oven to the freezer (after cooling of course) and hopefully Martin will enjoy them while I'm away. I'm a little doubtful that he'll actually heat up any of the other things I've prepared, but the muffins just need to be taken out of the freezer. Left at room temperature they'll be ready to eat in under 30 minutes, less if they are placed outside in the 100ยบ + Arizona heat.

1 comment:

  1. See, the operative words are, "just taken out of the freezer." The guys never get that part...don't know why...it's so simple...maybe Martin will prove the exception...maybe...

    Twitter: SolarChief

    ReplyDelete