Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Breakfast Sandwiches in One, Two, Three



We spent most of the day out of the house and in the car. I got up extra early and put together some breakfast sandwiches to take with us. To start I fried up some bacon while I showered.


When the bacon was done, after about 30 minutes - it does cook a little faster when it's not frozen - I drained off most of the fat, added sliced onion and a diced baked potato that was left over from the other day, put the pan back in the Sun Oven.



After ten minutes or so I poured the egg and bacon mixture into the pan. By the time we were ready to get going, I'd say between and forty-five minutes and an hour, the egg bake was ready and I made sandwiches to go. I never would have made something like this on a busy morning without the Sun Oven. I'd never leave the kitchen while bacon is frying in a pan and I avoid turning the oven on at all cost during the hot summer months. Granted, it is possible to burn bacon even in a Sun Oven, but that's the worst thing that can happen, it's not like you could start a grease fire and burn down your house.


2 comments:

  1. You clever,clever, girl! What a tasty breakfast treat...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and you have me very excited to start experimenting. I have had a sun oven for a while - sort of emergency backup - but have never tried it. So..I will be back here a lot because I am determined to start using this wonderful piece of equipment!

    ReplyDelete