Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Parchment Paper Produce Party

I had so much fun cooking asparagus in a parchment paper the other day that today I went a little veggie crazy. It felt like Christmas when I took everything out of the Sun Oven and opened all the packets.

The only thing I had in the fridge were some carrots so I got those started - I figured they'd need to cook longer than most vegetables - and headed off to the grocery store. The pickings were slim. I got a fennel bulb, some belgian endive, and a head of radicchio which I wound up not using. I also managed to round up a few, small, zucchini from our garden. For seasoning I used olive oil, kosher salt, tarragon on the carrots, fresh mint on the zucchini, and lemon on the fennel.

Parchment paper packets should come in handy. It would be easy to place them along side, or on top of, the main dish when another pot might not fit in the Sun Oven. And like I mentioned in my previous post - clean up is a cinch.


No comments:

Post a Comment