Tuesday, November 3, 2009

An Unmonitored Sun Oven


No new recipe today. Just a big pot of Pumpkin Chili Mexicana, but it is the first day since starting my blog that I left the Sun Oven unattended for so long. We left the house at 9:30 a.m. and did not get back until well after sundown. I had done most of the prep work last night, so this morning all I had to do was brown the meat before putting the pot in the Sun Oven focused towards the midday sun. When we got home it was too dark to see the temperature, but when I took the pot out it was still a little warm. Five minutes on the stove, a loaf of bread that we picked up on the way home, and dinner was ready. We have another long day coming up on Thursday so I'll be putting remote solar cooking to the test again.

No comments:

Post a Comment