Friday, November 20, 2009

Blueberry Pie!


I love pie, but I only make it two or three times a year, Thanksgiving, Christmas and - my favorite - Pi Day (Mar. 14th or 3.14). With so few chances to practice I've given up on making my own crust. Especially now that you can get good quality ready made, frozen pie shells. For the filling I used four cups of frozen blueberries, 1/4 cup flour, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tbs fresh lemon juice, 1 tsp grated lemon peel and 1tsp vanilla extract. It took about three hours to bake it in the Sun Oven. It's pretty good. I might just have to have another piece.

Tomorrow I'll be solar cooking my Thanksgiving turkey. We're celebrating early because I have to go out of town unexpectedly and Martin will be fending for himself.


















No comments:

Post a Comment