Monday, November 9, 2009

Broccoli Brown Rice Bake and Super Easy Sweet Potato Chili



I couldn't believe my eyes when I read Meatless Monday's weekly email this morning and I actually had the ingredients for one of the featured recipes. That has never happened before. O.K., I substituted asparagus for the broccoli, but I had everything else which is pretty amazing since one of the ingredients was neufchantel cheese. I bought some a couple of days ago when I had a craving for cream cheese. I can't remember the last time I had cream cheese in the house and I'd never purchased neufchantel before. Both the rice bake and the chili were done in time for lunch and it was enough for dinner too. The rice recipe can be found here: Broccoli Brown Rice Bake.

Easy Sweet Potato and Kidney Bean Chili

2 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can mexican stewed tomatoes
1 can sweet potato
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp chipotle in adobo sauce
salt to taste

cilantro, chopped
sour cream

Heat oil in a large dark sauce pan, add onion and cook for about five minutes until onions are soft. Add next four ingredients, tomatoes through chipotle. Cover and place in Sun Oven for approx. one hour. Garnish with cilantro and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment