Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Focaccia in the Sun

Sunday was the first time we'd ever invited so many people to our house. I am not used to planning a menu for such a large crowd and wound up with a lot of extra food. Who knew that when you are offering a wide variety of choices you don't need a full dinner sized portion of each dish for every person? For appetizers I made four pizzas and still had enough dough left over to make these three focaccia today.

I kept things very simple, seasoning them with just kosher salt and olive oil. The sun was out in full force and they browned nicely. Focaccia gets stale pretty quickly so I froze most of it. Now I have to figure out what to do with all the other leftovers - and tomorrow we are going to my cousin's place for St. Patrick's day where there will be even more food.

1 comment:

  1. Did you stack these in the solar oven, or one at a time because you had really great sun?

    ReplyDelete