Friday, August 28, 2009

Sun Oven Cobbler

While solar cooking will definitely reduce the amount of energy you consume that's not the only advantage. With today's record breaking temperatures - 113º - I can pretty much guarantee that very few people in Phoenix even considered turning on their conventional ovens. With a Sun Oven I can bake as much as I want. My house will stay cool and my baked goods will turn out just fine.
We're having friends over for dinner tomorrow and I wanted to get a head start with the food preparation. Hopefully, you will not be too disappointed to learn that this cobbler is made from a mix. I just followed the instructions on the package and for the fruit I used canned blackberries. I haven't tasted it yet but it smells delicious. The cooking time was pretty much the same as in a conventional oven - about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment